Top Ten Highlights of 2012
I’m a little sad that 2012 is over. It was a great year. It was an AWESOME year. And I’ve got this strange feeling that 2013 is going to be equally, if not more, awesome.
Before I give you a short version of my 2012, I want to ask you, how was your year? Back then, we were all obsessed about the Cybercrime Law, the Sin Tax Bill, and the RH Bill (which is now a law) but 2012 is full of many other highlights! And I want to share with you those that were important in my life.
So, please bear with this slightly conceited blog post – it can’t be helped – and let’s look back at the wonderful things that happened last year. Here’s my 2012 in a nutshell; see if it’s as awesome as your year!
Top Ten 2012 Highlights
Here it is, a summary of how 2012 went for me. I know this blog post won’t do justice to the wonderful things that happened that year, but I hope that with it, I won’t forget to always be grateful of the year that was.
- I started a new website. I’ve had a blog, Life and Fever, since forever. But that blog has always been a “public online journal” instead of a formal website. Things changed on March 2012 when I finally started this website, StefdelaCruz.com. Two months after it was launched, it became a PageRank 2 website. Wow, that was quick! In just two months, my new website transformed from a newbie blog to a PR2 website. Thank you, Google!
- I wrote for a health column for the very first time. I was happy to be part of The Fortnightly family and to be a humble columnist for the newspaper! The name of my column was initially “Health Benefits” but I wanted it to be a little cheeky, so I opted for “See You In Health”. Yeah, see you all in health! Hehe!
- An advertising company hired me as a health consultant. It was a challenging job that required frequent meetings and revisions, but it was a great learning experience. I was also a little overwhelmed by the fact that I helped shape the image of a health product!
- I was offered the opportunity to edit a book. This was an opportunity I did not expect would happen. It was a great experience to read many stories about different virtues from different people! I felt like editing those write-ups was like defacing beautiful paintings. But the book was published, launched, and received warmly. Whew!
- The Bottom Line with Boy Abunda had me as a guest on their show. I was told that they found me because of my articles on stem cell therapy. After that, I knew better than to underestimate blog posts! You can watch parts of the episode here.
- I was offered another opportunity to have a column at a health magazine. Hurray! A few months before this happened, I would never have imagined having a column. But two in a year? That was just amazing! (FYI: This new column will be published at around February 2013 – guess what magazine it will be in!)
- It was a great honor to be one of the co-chairs of a cancer initiative program. I’ve been trying to be more active in my advocacy to promote cancer awareness, so it was a pleasant surprise to be asked if I wanted to co-chair the Cancer Stakeholders’ Meeting.
- Overnight, two tech blogs hired me as their resident geek blogger. I know I’m a nerd, but I would never have thought of myself as a geek. Apparently, to these two websites, I’d qualify as one! Ha ha. Being a health tech blogger is such a fun job description. You can view my blog posts on No Brainer Apps. And this 2013, you’ll also see me blogging about apps on another website – I won’t announce the website yet, but you’ll learn about it soon enough!
- I was asked to be a pageant candidate. Uh, say what now??? I’ve NEVER been pageant material. I’ve always been an ugly duckling-slash-nerd-slash-wallflower. Being asked to join pretty girls in some fellowship night pageant was something I would never have expected in my lifetime! Oh well. I’ll take it as a compliment – and as one of the highlights of last year.
- We finally launched a website for CanShare. And a Facebook page. And a Twitter account! All that in a week, right before New Year’s Eve! That means CanShare is finally part of the social networking community. More cancer patients and survivors can now read about CanShare, a support group for and by cancer warriors. Yes, this is definitely the most amazing highlight of 2012. It was a great way to end the year!
Thanks to all of you who continue to read my blog! You are officially part of the many highlights of 2012. I shall keep trying to give you more interesting stuff to read despite a rather busy 2013 schedule. Happy New Year to all of you! And don’t forget to catch up with me on Twitter. 2013, bring it on!